Decarbonisation Project Manager
Job Reference: 325a/DC
Salary: £36000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Energy
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
The Decarbonisation Project Manager is accountable for overseeing energy efficiency and renewable energy installation projects delivered by its suppliers under LASER frameworks and/or it’s clients’ contractual appointment(s). It may cover all phases of a capital project from initial site survey through to post installation sign off.
This will include LED lighting projects and other technologies such as solar PV and heat pumps at clients’ buildings/sites.
The role will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction as well as maintaining contractor relationships and project delivery within fixed budgets.
- Oversee project management though defined stages of any ‘works’ / construction project under LASER’s remit including;
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation, to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope and outcomes.
- Arranging any necessary surveys and pre-project planning requirements.
- Provide critical analysis of any tender / pricing exercises completed.
- Set and review contractor responsibilities and expectations.
- Programming of project timescales, variation control and risk assessment
- Agreeing/managing lead times of equipment and availability of labour.
- Manage the project(s) time, cost and quality activities, in line with the project framework.
- Ensure application of risk and issue management across the project(s), instigate mitigation actions, identify contingency plans and manage remedial actions through to conclusion.
- Ensure effective communication of plans and actions to the project teams, internal and external stakeholders, partners, suppliers and customers.
- Conduct project meetings and attend programme and portfolio meetings, maintain effective working relationships to deliver high customer satisfaction.
- Monitor the quality of project deliverables and ensure project objectives are met, including the reporting of supplier KPIs within LASER.
- Agree and Monitor snagging and handover process to ensure full project completion.
- Deliver projects within fixed budgets and profit margin targets.
- Continually improve H&S and environment understanding and practice including LASER and CSG policy and procedure.
- Develop an understanding of Public Sector Procurement rules.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of LED lighting technologies and installation techniques.
- Maintain and develop understanding of emerging energy saving technologies
- Work with and direct Project Assistants to attain best outcomes for customers
- Being involved with the development of the new decarbonisation project management service offers, including Project Management Office
- Travel throughout the UK.
- Be commercially aware to minimise unexpected costs to customer, LASER or contractors.