Senior Carbon Consultant
Job Reference: 250/AM
Salary: £50000 - £60000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Energy
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 19 January 2022
Interview Date: TBA
LASER is an established brand in the public sector energy industry. Over the years we have grown considerably in an organic nature and have a solid, established customer base of around 200 customers. Building on that base we are embarking on a growth journey with a focus on helping our customers decarbonise their estates and operations. The climate emergency declarations and carbon neutrality targets set by organisations across the public sector signifies the intent and expresses the commitment to widespread change.
The Senior Carbon Consultant role presents a fantastic opportunity to be in at the start of an exciting step change in LASER’s decarbonisation support services. We are building a new team to drive our growth towards our vision of being the partner of choice helping public bodies across the UK on their journey to net zero carbon. The Senior Carbon Consultant will be a key role in achieving this aspiration and the postholder will become a figurehead for our service, honing and adapting LASER’s solutions and developing a profile on a national stage in this rapidly-progressing market. This will give the postholder a chance to make a real impact on the environment and on climate change.
About the job
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in energy and carbon and have the capability and drive to fulfil this lead role in part of a successful team. Clear and concise communication is required both internally and with customers and candidates should be able to confidently present and convey outputs and findings. They should be comfortable in commercial situations, managing reports and conducting research and analysis in order to develop an ongoing understanding of this evolving industry. They should also have an interest in improving and streamlining processes in order to make the the team and services more efficient.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead, manage and support a team of consultants to provide high quality consultancy services to our public sector customers.
- Interpret and understand public bodies’ individual zero carbon challenges and requirements. Develop additional products and services where market requires and input into direction of team and services.
- Ensure team promote and successfully contribute to LASER's wider vision and market offerings.
- Support customers with a diverse range of technical needs.
- Be comfortable working with directors and senior management and represent LASER through customer presentations, webinars, external conferences & meetings.
- Contribute to marketing content in co-ordination with Business Development and Marketing teams.
- Recruit, line manage and develop additional direct reports who will increase capacity to deliver against growing demand.
- The role will also represent LASER via customer presentations and webinars, external conferences & meetings, and develop relationships with other bodies through whom our services can be advertised, signposted or sold.
The Senior Carbon Consultant will deliver innovative, high quality, carbon consultancy work including but not limited to:
- Carbon management and reporting
- Strategy and roadmap services
- Carbon footprinting
- Forecasting and modelling
- Science-based targets
- Additional ad hoc studies