Zero Carbon Advisor
Job Reference: 369/SM
Salary: £25000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Energy
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 27 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
The Zero Carbon Advisor is accountable for delivering services to the Energy Division’s customers to help reduce their carbon emissions.
The services will primarily be delivered via a consultancy type approach and will include carbon footprinting, long term forecasting and creation of high level impact assessments to enable customers to move towards a zero carbon position in future. The Zero Carbon Advisor will need to be adaptable and focussed to deliver a variety of high quality consultancy work as required. This is a key role for delivering the Energy Division’s vision of providing a broader range of services to a broader range of customers.
This position includes liaising with both internal and external stakeholders up to senior management level to ensure the successful delivery of carbon reduction solutions on behalf of customers.
Personal Development within the role is expected and supported, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing market will be fundamental in driving forward innovation and in helping to deliver new revenue streams for the business.
- Understand customer drivers for reducing carbon emissions and the associated market for carbon reduction services.
- Deliver services to customers particularly relating to reviewing, forecasting and planning reductions in customer carbon emissions.
- Utilise MS excel and other software based methodologies for calculating carbon footprints, forecasting future emissions and planning reductions.
- Produce written reports to customers regarding carbon footprints and strategies to reduce emissions.
- Be confident to present findings and key elements of advice to customers. Customer representatives may range from energy carbon experts to senior management.
- Be able to communicate the key benefits of our carbon services internally.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and industry participants, carrying out independent research into specific issues or areas where required.
- Utilise and work alongside consultants and/or partners in order to develop and deliver services to customers.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of carbon footprinting techniques, national guidance, data sources and carbon reduction methods.
Such other duties, commensurate with the grading of the post that may be assigned by the line manager or their nominee.Apply for this vacancy