Zero Carbon Consultant
Job Reference: 370/SM
Salary: £45000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Energy
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 27 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
The Zero Carbon Consultant is accountable for delivering services to the Energy Division’s customers to help reduce their carbon emissions.
The services will primarily be delivered via a consultancy type approach and will include carbon footprinting, long term forecasting and creation of high level action plans to enable customers to move towards a zero carbon position in future. The Zero Carbon Consultant will need to be adaptable and focussed to deliver a variety of high quality consultancy work as required. This is a key role for delivering the Energy Division’s vision of delivering a broader range of services to a broader range of customers.
This position includes liaising with both internal and external stakeholders up to senior management level to ensure the successful delivery of carbon reduction solutions on behalf of customers. The Zero Carbon Consultant will lead projects with customers and be responsible for the monitoring and delivery of these projects.
Personal Development within the role is expected and supported, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing market will be fundamental in driving forward innovation and in helping to deliver new revenue streams for the business.
- Identify customer drivers for reducing carbon emissions and seek to understand the associated market for carbon reduction services.
- Deliver services to customers particularly relating to reviewing, forecasting and planning reductions in customer carbon emissions. Manage these projects and relationships as a project lead and report on progress and direction.
- Utilise and further develop methodologies for calculating carbon footprints, forecasting future emissions and planning reductions.
- Provide high-quality written reports and presentations to customers regarding carbon footprints and strategies to reduce emissions. Customer representatives may range from energy carbon experts to senior management.
- Meet prospective customers to support our Account Managers and Business Development Managers to communicate the key elements and benefits of our carbon services and to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and industry participants to ensure services being developed are attractive and feasible. Assist in the development of the services that the team offers and carry out research and deliver consultancy on a range of topics as required.
- Utilise and work alongside consultants and/or partners in order to develop and deliver services to customers.
- Maintain an expert understanding of carbon footprinting techniques, national guidance, data sources and carbon reduction methods.
Such other duties, commensurate with the grading of the post that may be assigned by the line manager or their nominee.Apply for this vacancy