Customer Experience Inventory Controller
Job Reference: 046/TM
Salary: £17500 - £17500 Per Annum
Position: Permanent, Full-time - 37 hours
Group Business or Area: KCS
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent
Closing Date: 27 October 2020
Interview Date: TBA
Excellent opportunity for an Inventory Controller to join our Customer Experience team at KCS.
We are seeking an organized, diligent, responsible inventory controller who has experience of some, or all, of the following: managing inventory; stock management, stock control.
The primary purpose of the role is the efficient management of inventory through the use of a computerized database system. The primary objective will be to maintain adequate levels of stock to meet daily distribution demands while minimizing excess supply.
· Oversee inventory and supply chain management according to company guidelines, with direct responsibility for management of stock levels and replenishment of stock within agreed timescales and inventory budget
· Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct amount of items are in stock
· Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for discrepancies
· Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs
· Respond to sales and purchase order queries
· Review operations schedules for all inbound deliveries to ensure timely stock deliveries and communicate details on a daily basis to the goods inwards team
· Collect and analyse data to determine appropriate order quantities
· Process and return all defective items/deliveries and inform supplier and buyer
· Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and manage these relationships ensuring they adhere to the agreed contracts and KPIs
· Provide customer service as needed
· Responsible for ensuring that all inventory and stock management systems are accurately maintained within agreed parameters
· Inform Line Manager and Buyer of products of any occasions of contract variance in a timely manner (agreed timescales)
· Identify and notify Line Manager when buying protocols have not been carried out correctly
· Daily collation and processing of stock information for use in the Inventory Management process
· Liaise with other parts of the business to ensure that already approved vendors and products are used before introducing new suppliers
· Ensure all daily purchase order figures, and goods receipts are correctly recorded
· Assemble relevant statistics, figures, reports and other analytical data to assess supplier performance as requested.
· Work directly with management to bring them up-to-date regarding stock inflow
· Provide recommendations to improve inventory control and stock management to Line Manager and other heads of department
· Review balance of inventory and request physical stock checks of items when discrepancies are found when required
· Checking any invoices against purchase orders that don’t match
Experience in inventory control and stock management including forecasting.
Experience in demand planning.
Good understanding of supply chain procedures
Working knowledge of inventory management software
Experience and knowledge of warehouse management systems or ERP systems.
Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office packages
Good oral/written communication and negotiating skills inclusive of report writing
Excellent organisational skills
Good organisational and planning skills
Attention to detail
Commercial Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Apply for this vacancy