Decarbonisation Project Assistant
Job Reference: 219/DC
Salary: £20000 - £24000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Energy
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent
Closing Date: 21 October 2021
Interview Date: TBA
LASER is an established brand in the public sector energy industry. We have grown considerably in an organic nature and have a solid, established customer base. Building on that base we are embarking on a growth journey with a focus on helping our customers decarbonise their estates and operations.
Our Project Management services are an important part of our mission; growing on considerable success building on its existing successes delivering LED lighting projects, with a multi-discipline Project Management team to cover a range of energy saving technologies. Our drive is to help clients reduce their carbon emissions through the installation of modern alternatives for their existing building assets.
As a fast growing industry, we have recently restructured the existing team to provide a platform for growth and are seeking suitable candidates who are looking to develop professionally in a projects environment.
The Decarbonisation Project Assistant is accountable for administrative elements of delivering carbon saving projects, including LED lighting, solar PV and other energy saving or renewable energy projects. This includes maintaining product price lists, understanding installer/contractor pricing, production of quotations, developing and maintaining processes for all stages of project delivery and resolving warranty issues which may arise during or following the completion of projects. The role supports Decarbonisation Project Managers in day to day project management of capital projects on LASSER customer sites.
- Produce quotations to customers, ensure they are accurate and seek appropriate sign off approval before sending to customer.
- Maintain electronic files relating to all energy projects. Improve and develop systems and processes.
- Understand the H&S requirements of projects and carry out due diligence to ensure receipt of correct documents from suppliers.
- Provide support to the LASER Energy Project manager(s) for any contract administration requirements including minuting of meetings
- Work with contractors to understand and influence project delivery planning and provide orders to contractors to deliver works.
- Produce monthly financial monitoring figures each month and meet CS Finance colleagues to agree project progress, spend and any financial risk relating to particular projects.
- Maintain up to date price lists and certification documents for suppliers and installers on framework.
- Place orders with suppliers in an accurate and timely manner to ensure goods are delivered to the right place at the right time to enable installation
- Support project planning with contractors and LASER colleagues accounting for lead times of equipment and availability of contractor labour.
- Work with installers/contractors and equipment suppliers to maintain effective working relationships to deliver high customer satisfaction.
- Monitor project progress and internal variation management, including any information related to delivery KPIs and relay progress to others in the LASER team
- Monitor snagging process to ensure full project completion.
- Collect and maintain project completion documents and customer feedback
- Schedule and organise dates and times for site visits and works to commence/complete
- Arrange for the resolution of any required warranty issues on previously completed LASER projects
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Public Sector Procurement rules and the LED framework
- Be commercially aware to minimise unexpected costs to customer, LASER or contractors.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, including auditable record keeping.
- Good team communication Construction industry or Project delivery experience.
- skills, and able to relay project information and resolve issues in a factual yet concise manner.
- A high level of computer literacy and ability to create and use tailored spreadsheets or software packages.
- Desire to positively engage with a developing team dedicated to carbon and energy reduction
Commercial Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Apply for this vacancy