Decarbonisation Project Manager
Job Reference: 218/DC
Salary: £36000 Per Annum, Car Allowance
Group Business or Area: Energy
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent
Closing Date: 21 October 2021
Interview Date: TBA
LASER is an established brand in the public sector energy industry. We have grown considerably in an organic nature and have a solid, established customer base. Building on that base we are embarking on a growth journey with a focus on helping our customers decarbonise their estates and operations.
Our Project Management services are an important part of our mission; growing on considerable success building on its existing successes delivering LED lighting projects, with a multi-discipline Project Management team to cover a range of energy saving technologies. Our drive is to help clients reduce their carbon emissions through the installation of modern alternatives for their existing building assets.
As a fast growing industry, we have recently restructured the existing team to provide a platform for growth and are seeking suitable project professionals who are looking to cross the bridge from construction to energy.
The Decarbonisation Project Manager is accountable for overseeing energy efficiency and renewable energy installation projects delivered by its suppliers under LASER frameworks and/or it’s clients’ contractual appointment(s). It may cover all phases of a capital project from initial site survey through to post installation sign off.
This will include LED lighting projects and other technologies such as solar PV and heat pumps at clients’ buildings/sites.
The role will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction as well as maintaining contractor relationships and project delivery within fixed budgets.
- Oversee project management though defined stages of any ‘works’ / construction project under LASER’s remit including;
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation, to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope and outcomes.
- Arranging any necessary surveys and pre-project planning requirements.
- Provide critical analysis of any tender / pricing exercises completed.
- Set and review contractor responsibilities and expectations.
- Programming of project timescales, variation control and risk assessment
- Agreeing/managing lead times of equipment and availability of labour.
- Manage the project(s) time, cost and quality activities, in line with the project framework.
- Ensure application of risk and issue management across the project(s), instigate mitigation actions, identify contingency plans and manage remedial actions through to conclusion.
- Ensure effective communication of plans and actions to the project teams, internal and external stakeholders, partners, suppliers and customers.
- Conduct project meetings and attend programme and portfolio meetings, maintain effective working relationships to deliver high customer satisfaction.
- Monitor the quality of project deliverables and ensure project objectives are met, including the reporting of supplier KPIs within LASER.
- Agree and Monitor snagging and handover process to ensure full project completion.
- Deliver projects within fixed budgets and profit margin targets.
- Continually improve H&S and environment understanding and practice including LASER and CSG policy and procedure.
- Develop an understanding of Public Sector Procurement rules.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of LED lighting technologies and installation techniques.
- Maintain and develop understanding of emerging energy saving technologies
- Work with and direct Project Assistants to attain best outcomes for customers
- Being involved with the development of the new decarbonisation project management service offers, including Project Management Office
- Travel throughout the UK.
- Be commercially aware to minimise unexpected costs to customer, LASER or contractors.
- Construction and/or Energy Technology Project Management experience, with demonstrable record of delivery success.
- Desire to positively engage with a developing team dedicated to carbon and energy reduction, including furthering industry knowledge where required.
- Good team communication skills, and able to relay project information and resolve issues in a factual yet concise manner.
- Ability to carry out site and project surveys including project progress and completion inspections, (design with training and development) detailing changed property assets.
- Able to interpret existing project processes and implement lessons learnt in order to improve processes and protect profit margins.
Commercial Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.Apply for this vacancy