Financial Controller (Part Time)
Job Reference: 018/SB
Salary: £35000 Per Annum
Position: , Part-time - 22 hours
Group Business or Area: KCS
Location: CES, Shepley Estate (South), Audenshaw, Manchester
Interview Date: TBA
Excellent opportunity for a Financial Controller to join CES part time, 22 hours per week. The role involves providing support to the Finance Director for all financial dealings and with other members of the Senior Management Team ensuring financial reporting processes are in accordance with current legislation and best practice.
- Maintenance of financial ledgers, control accounts, reconciliations, and balance sheet reporting.
- Management of the sales ledger team.
- Management of the purchase ledger team.
- Approve costs in line with Signing Authority Matrix and ensure compliance is maintained and auditable.
- Manage debtor risks, credit control, and credit insurance. Provide regular debt reports with commentary.
- Assist the FD in managing HMRC compliance including VAT returns, PSA reports.
- Maintain and update reports on sales receipts and purchase payment information for cash flow forecasts.
- Assist the FD in cash management and cash flow forecasting.
- Support the FD in statutory reporting and external audit requirements.
- Assist the FD in managing mandates, security, and controls for bank accounts.
- Assist the FD in reporting for monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans. Plus variance analysis and commentary.
- Maintain and update pipeline sales reporting.
- Assist the FD in developing meaningful management reporting to improve business information and decision making.
- Understand the financial implications of operational decisions, challenge when necessary, and escalate any concerns to the FD.
- Maintaining operations KPI’s to monitor against business performance targets.
- Support the FD in managing insurance claims and renewals.
- Constantly review, update, and document processes to improve efficiency.
- Support the FD in the implementation and development of financial systems.
- Deputise for FD in periods of absence including at board level.
- Membership of a recognised financial professional body (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Sound Basic accounts knowledge with emphasis on reconciliation and analysis.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office with advanced excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, formulae)
- Good understanding of financial control and the application of control principles in a financial reporting environment.
- Transactional Experience (e.g. Sales/purchase ledger processing, journal input, cash processing.
- Reporting on tight monthly deadlines.
- Credit Insurance experience, EU VAT experience, and knowledge of Sage 200 desirable.
Commercial Services Trading Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Apply for this vacancy