Junior Service Technician
Job Reference: 065/RD
Salary: £20000 - £20000 Per Annum
Position: Permanent, Full-time - 40 hours
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Heronden Road, Parkwood, Maidstone, Kent
Closing Date: 19 February 2021
Interview Date: TBA
Excellent opportunity for a Junior Service Technician to join Landscape Services, a well-established company who supply horticultural services throughout the county of Kent.
The role of Junior Service Engineer in ground care equipment is required to service and repair equipment from strimmers & hedge trimmers to ride on mowers, tractors and smaller types of pedestrian mower.
As the Junior Service Technician you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of machinery and vehicles used by the company and our customers. You will be mainly workshop based in Maidstone and ideally will have utility, garden, agricultural / horticultural machinery experience or similar.
This role is required to be hands on and have a clear and demonstrable knowledge of health and safety, risk assessment and safe work practices. A clean current driving licence including group B+E would be ideal.
- Complete scheduled servicing works, projects and instructions to meet company operational needs . This will involve working on key projects to achieve quality against time constraints with a need to be flexible and innovative.
- Care, maintain and adjust, to manufacturers specified recommendations, machinery and equipment whilst ensuring safe and correct use of equipment at all times.
- Use and maintain resources to ensure continuity of works and to avoid wastage.
- Ensure chemical usage complies with current legislation, resources are maintained and secure with reuse and recycling as appropriate.
- Complete all required paperwork & forms, health and safety aspects and on site requirements to comply with contractual requirements and Landscape Services standing instructions.
- Undertake work activities to deliver the clients requirements whilst also taking note of and complying with differing site usage, safety, special requirements and wider service delivery.
- Maintain a clean and professional working practise on site in line with policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained at all times plus identify any risks or unsafe practices in order to minimise potential for injury/accident.
- Maintain all health and safety paperwork ensuring good and safe practice at all times.
- Support Landscape Services compliance to Investors in People by involvement in meetings, training and development.
- Respond to and support colleagues that may have broken down i.e burst hoses, punctures.
- Liaise with Supervisors on a regular basis and resolve any concerns, difficulties or issues.
- Report problems and action instructions as required.
- Ensure Landscape Services is represented professionally and in accordance with good customer care.
- Prioritising daily activities and actions to ensure they are all met
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively.
- Other appropriate duties consistent with the status of the post may be added from time to time and are subject to alteration are required.
Commercial Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Please note that Commercial Services Terms and Conditions apply to this role.Apply for this vacancy