KCS Senior Management Accountant
Job Reference: 141/EE
Group Business or Area: KCS
Location: Commercial Services Group, New Hythe Lane, Aylesford, Kent
Closing Date: 14 May 2021
Interview Date: TBA
To support the KCS Finance division with primary responsibility for Professional Services and Fleet business units, including preparation of monthly accounts, key balance sheet controls, budgets, forecasts and business plans.
Provide support to Finance Manager for all financial dealings with Director and other members of the Senior and Business Management Team ensuring financial reporting processes are in accordance with current legislation and best practice. To deputise for Finance Manager as required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for preparation of financial results including:
- Supporting the consolidated monthly draft P&L statements with full commentary and variance analysis, with primary responsibility for Professional Services and Fleet business units.
- Finance point of contact for the Professional Services management team and support with day to day operational finance issues.
- Full balance sheet control and reconciliation for all operational control accounts (e.g. prepayments and accruals).
- Highlight future risk and opportunities and ensure future cost pressures are minimised.
- Reconciliation of key P&L cost accounts including marketing and training spends to budget.
- Audit of “live” PO system and invoice logs, authorisation of expenditure in accordance with Signing Authority Matrix at level 3
- Assist Finance Manager in ensuring discretionary spend is controlled, raise concerns with Finance Manager and budget holders as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining operational KPI’s to monitor against business performance targets.
- Constantly review, update and document processes to improve efficiency.
- Assist Finance Manager with establishing and maintaining a 3 year rolling forecast model.
- Assist Finance Manager with ad hoc projects, including systems implementation.
- Support KCS Finance team with month end activities as required for Resources business units.
- Deputise for Finance Manager in periods of absence.
- Qualified accountant and membership of a recognised professional body (e.g. ACCA, CIMA)
- Conversant with basic aspects of financial and management reporting, budgets, forecasting, analysis, KPIs trend and margin analysis.
- Working knowledge of current legislation and accounting standards to ensure best practice.
- Experience in previous management accounting role in £50m+ businesses & can demonstrate strong commercial experience.
For further essential criteria, please see full job description.
Commercial Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.Apply for this vacancy