Multi Drop Delivery Driver
Job Reference: 048/SM
Salary: £19423 - £19423 Per Annum
Position: Permanent, Full-time - 39 hours
Group Business or Area: KCS
Location: Commercial Services Group, New Hythe Lane, Aylesford, Kent
Closing Date: 23 October 2020
Interview Date: TBA
Purpose of the job:
To deliver goods on a multi-drop basis throughout Kent to KCS customers within prescribed KPI’s. Assume responsibility for compliance with all relevant road transport legislation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that any vehicle operated is safe to drive before setting off on a journey. Conduct walk around checks of the vehicle before commencing any journey. Assume responsibility for reporting any vehicle defects in writing to the Transport Manager or an authorised deputy.
- To comply with all relevant road transport legislation including; EU rules on drivers’ hours and tachographs, the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations and the Road Traffic Act.
- Ensure that the Transport Manager or an authorised deputy is made aware of any endorsements or changes to driving licence entitlement, or any other factors such as medical conditions or age restrictions that may affect ability to drive.
- Deliver orders to customer’s sites and place as per customer’s instructions whilst adhering to departmental service standards.
- Complete delivery paperwork in full to legible standards. Report any discrepancies and customer feedback at debrief.
- Liaise with the Transport Manager regarding any operational issues of significance.
- Fulfil any additional duties that may from time to time occur.
- CPC and C/C1 Licence
- Geographical knowledge of the Kent, Sussex and London areas.
- Previous multi drop deliveries experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to drive and operate C1 vehicle
- Strong organisational, analytical and planning skills with the ability to prioritise conflicting workloads
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Customer service skills
Commercial Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.Apply for this vacancy