Plant Operative (Dartford and Tovil Household Waste and Recycling Centre)
Job Reference: 134/NC
Salary: £17206 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Heronden Road, Parkwood, Maidstone, Kent
Closing Date: 25 May 2021
Interview Date: TBA
Do you have experience in working in a Waste Management Environment? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Plant Machine Operative to work at the Dartford and Tovil Household Waste and Recycling Centre`s. This role will be working a four-day week. Including every Saturday and Sunday.
Operate site plant in accordance with best practice and ensures all pre-use checks and inspections are conducted, with any issues reported to Site Manager.
Safely and efficiently operate the site in accordance with site license, working plan, legislation, site procedures and risk assessments.
Maintain a high a level of cleanliness on the HWRC, provide excellent customer service maximise recycling to achieve targets.
- Operate plant safely in accordance with company policies, site procedures, risk assessments, toolbox talks and training.
- Ensure plant is laid up safely at the end of each shift, with the isolator and ignition keys removed and secured separately.
- Conduct and record pre-use inspections of the plant before and after each shift, logging any faults and reporting them to the site management.
- Ensure that any faults, defects or breakdowns which occur during the shift are reported immediately to the site management, in accordance with the pre-use checks, site near miss & reporting procedures/
- Cooperate fully with the site staff/management at all times when on site/
- Ensure that current copies of LOLER certification and operator competence are available for inspection at all times when on site.
- Ensure the plant machinery is kept clean inside and out.
Other Key Duties:
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others when working on site.
- Enforce site rules for users.
- Handle all incidents and accidents in accordance with site procedures and report them to the site management.
- Report any health and safety issues to the site management.
- Control traffic management of all vehicles and pedestrians on site.
- Unlock containers at start of day, and lock up at end of day, first checking for any non – conforming items.
- Identify waste requiring special handling (batteries, gas bottles, asbestos, heavy items) – assist and advise general public in these cases.
- Ensure site is operating in accordance with company policies, site procedures, risk assessments, toolbox talks and training.
- Identify any non-conforming waste and report to management immediately.
- Politely inform customers of the recyclable facilities.
- Maximise recycling materials on site.
- Monitor and control quality of recyclables for contradictions.
- Monitor daily levels of containers.
- Inform the site management when containers require servicing.
- Complete site paperwork in accordance with site procedures and the duty of care.
- Ensure trip hazards are removed immediately.
- Litter pick as necessary and at the end of the day.
- Sweep as necessary and at the end of day.
- Handle spillages in accordance with procedures.
- Assist customers with the unloading of their waste.
- Politely direct all complaints to manager.
Note: Candidates who hold a current Plant Machine Operator license would be preferred however Commercial Services would be willing to appoint a candidate without a license and provide the necessary training.
Commercial Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.Apply for this vacancy