Job Reference: 374/SH
Salary: £45000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Recruitment
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 27 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
To be a leader and advocate of the Connect2Dudley brand. Maintain our relationship with Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council (‘Dudley Council’) and our shareholders through developing an understanding of their needs and delivering excellent customer service through fit for purpose recruitment & ancillary people solutions.
The role requires vision, dedication, an ability to operate strategically and someone with the commercial and customer relationship skills to be able to take the business forward in accordance with their developed Business Plan. It also requires an exceptional people manager who enjoys developing a team and does so in a supportive and creative way.
A member of the Executive Board team.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring governance, including legislation, relating to employment businesses and the services in which the company operates.
- Lead and develop the team to high performance consisting of Team Leaders, Agency Talent Partners, and administrative customer service personnel. Provide strategic direction, performance management, organisation, team, and individual development plans and deal first hand with day-to-day employee relations.
- End-to-end process management to include review, improvement, and implementation beyond process mapping; ensuring controls and that, exceptions can be and are reportable.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders including shareholders, Dudley Council department leads (DMTs and Corporate/Leadership Management Team), and act as an escalation point to external supply chain agencies, hiring managers and candidates.
- Appointed data protection champion to monitor internal compliance, inform and advise the Executive Board regarding Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and act as a contact point for data subjects and supervisory authority, reporting to the Commercial Services Group DPO.
- Act as the team’s health and safety representative for employee safety, reporting to and advising the Executive Board as required.
- Responsible for quality control, business performance and customer service improvements through analysis, reporting and maintaining adherence to the company’s Joint.
- Accountability Statements (Service Levels) with Dudley Council and Commercial Services Kent Ltd.
- Attend, actively participate in, and with prior reporting thereof, in quarterly performance review meetings with the Dudley Council’s Account Manager and work closely with them with regards to the Council’s demand management and procurement of temporary agency/interim staff requirements.
- Deliver to the budget (profit and loss) including improved year-on-year internal gross profit and control of costs. Work to the agreed approval matrix (SAM) in management of budget control.
- Develop the company’s Business Plan in line with key drivers of both shareholders. Further, develop employee and agency candidate attraction, retention, and marketing strategies to support the Business Plan.
- Prepare and report to the Executive Board in a timely manner and attend Executive Board meetings.
- Monitor and keep abreast of the performance of the company’s partners as far as they affect the continuous improvement of the company e.g., the Commercial Services Group
- back-office support service wrap, appointed internal auditors, the facilities management/lease for the building housing the team in Dudley.
- Respond to Freedom of Information requests and other regional workforce reporting requirements.
- Prepare for both internal and external audits. Lead management responses and ensure outcomes to audits are met to an agreed timeframe.
- Take the lead for resourcing to the requirements of corporate and senior interim appointment roles.
- Other duties commensurate to the level of the role.