Customer Experience Warehouse Operative (Late shift)
Job Reference: 234/LP
Salary: £19468.80 Per Annum
Permanent, Full-time - 39 hours
Group Business or Area: KCS
Location: Commercial Services Group, New Hythe Lane, Aylesford, Kent
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
Interview Date: TBA
KCS Educational Supplies is a division of Commercial Services and is responsible for the purchase, warehousing, marketing, sales and distribution of a large and comprehensive range of products and services to customers, mainly in education, across the whole of the UK.
Due to changing business needs the business has highlighted the need to recruit a warehouse operative to work within Customer Experience team, based at our New Hythe site in Aylesford. The working pattern will be 14:45 to 23:00 Monday and 15:00 to 23:00 Tuesday to Friday, working a 39-hour week. The role requires no weekends or bank holiday working.
You will be joining a team of dedicated, hard-working and energized individuals who pride themselves on their commitment and work ethic.
The main focus of this role is to ensure the accurate and efficient, replenishment, pick, pack, laying up loading and processing of customer orders. The role will also at times require assisting the other warehouse teams with goods receipt and replenishment.
The overall goal is to offer an outstanding customer experience this is completed by meeting all individual and team KPI’s (targets). The picking and packing of customer orders can involve a substantial amount of manual handling including bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and lifting. Having a good range of mobility is important to ensure you can work safely within health and safety regulations and guidance without placing undue strain on your body.
- To accurately and carefully select and pack customer orders meeting set KPI’s for next day delivery.
- To accurately replenish pick face locations as dictated by top up and requisition reports.
- Accurately update all stock movements on the Warehouse Management System.
- Report any discovered stock discrepancies by means of the process laid down at the time.
- To operate lift truck equipment to unload, transport and locate stock throughout the warehouse environment (Trucks used onsite are electric rider operated pedestrian pallet truck PPT, Reach trucks and counterbalance).
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by undertaking housekeeping tasks during quite periods.
- Assist other areas of the operational environment as required, including goods inwards and stock control.
- Fulfil those exceptional functions that may from time to time occur.
- Knowledge of a fast-paced operations warehouse, with experience in the picking, packing and replenishment of customer orders.
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office packages mainly word and excel
- A keen eye for detail
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks.
Commercial Services Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.Apply for this vacancy