Grounds Maintenance Operative
Job Reference: 337/IC
Salary: £19266 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
To deliver grounds maintenance works and related tasks on several sites over a defined geographical area, on behalf of our varied customer base.
This role will involve a range of operations including grass cutting, border works and hedge cutting, setting out and marking sports field and related works.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated and able to demonstrate knowledge of, and consideration towards, health and safety, and safe work practices. They will at times be our frontline representative for the Company and the customer whilst on site and as such will be organised and professional.
This role requires a level of lone working and autonomy. As such the post holder will be comfortable working both alone and as a team, whilst being able to manage the requirements of their own workload – including administrative tasks.
A current, clean driving licence and full DBS check (provided by the Company) is required.
- Ensuring daily works are completed to meet contract specification and customer satisfaction using own initiative or as directed by the Grounds Maintenance Team Leader. Always ensuring good customer care through support and communication with customers.
- Using all equipment and materials correctly and safely to ensure compliance to the required standards. Seeking guidance and direction for use as appropriate from Team Leader.
- Undertaking and completing tasks autonomously and without continued supervision.
- Caring for, inspecting and maintaining machinery to manufacturers specified recommendations, always ensuring the equipment is safe and correct for use.
- Completing all paperwork, forms, health and safety inspections and on-site preparations in a competent and efficient manner, to comply with contractual, company and/or legislative requirements. This includes vehicle policies.
- Identifying issues or concerns in respect of contracts/machinery, liaising with the Grounds Maintenance Team Leader as required.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained at all times, identifying risks and unsafe practices in order to minimise potential for injury or accident. Reporting all incidents and near misses to senior staff.
- Where required, responding to and supporting inclement weather works i.e. snow clearing or flooded areas.
- Regularly liaising with customers and resolving any concerns, difficulties or issues, reporting problems and actioning instructions as required. Ensuring Landscape Services is represented professionally and in accordance with good customer care.
- Using company IT and equipment to record daily site activity.