Grounds Maintenance Senior Team Leader
Job Reference: 310/JW
Salary: £22000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Heronden Road, Parkwood, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 9YR
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
Landscape Services are a division of Commercial Services Group.
For 80 years Landscape Services has specialised in the planning, development and management of grounds maintenance and landscape projects throughout the South East. In that time they have built a diverse portfolio of experience working with local authorities, businesses, housing associations, schools and sports facilities, national parks and private land owners, to name a few.
Landscape Services are looking to expand the team and are looking for an experienced Grounds Maintenance Senior Team Leader
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work
- Staff benefits, discounts & wellbeing scheme
- Training, support and personal development
- & Much more
To deliver grounds maintenance works and related tasks on several sites over a defined geographical area, on behalf of our varied customer base. This role will involve a range of operations including grass cutting, border works and hedge cutting, setting out and marking sports fields.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated and able to demonstrate knowledge of, and consideration towards, health and safety, and safe work practices for both themselves and the staff they supervise. They will at times be our frontline representative for the Company and the customer whilst on site and as such will be organised and professional.
This role requires you to work alongside your team whilst being able to supervise, instruct and organise staff ensuring resource and material requirements are met. Our supervisory team will also be expected to lead the way with our new, digitised Order Management system, supporting the frontline teams. Therefore, someone who is comfortable around technology would be ideal.
A current, clean driving licence and full DBS check (provided by the Company) is required.
- Ensuring daily works are completed to meet contract specification and customer satisfaction. Always ensuring good customer care through support and communication with customers.
- Supervising staff and managing materials to ensure waste is kept to a minimum. This will involve working on contracts to achieve quality against time constraints with a need to be flexible and innovative.
- Caring for machinery to manufacturers specified recommendations, always ensuring the equipment is safe and correct for use.
- Planning, identifying and ordering via the Contracts Manager, materials and resources to ensure continuity of works. Ensure chemical usage complies with current legislation.
- Supervising staff groups to ensure contract compliance, work completion and organised activity. Leading on site activity and acting as a key representative of Landscape Services and acting as support and deputy for the Grounds Maintenance Contracts Manager as required.
- Ensuring clean and professional working practices are maintained on all sites, leading by example and deliver quality expectations throughout. Supporting new starters and developing apprentices in line with policy and procedures.
- Ensuring safe working practices are always maintained. Identifying risks and unsafe practices to minimise potential for injury/accident. Reporting all incidents and near misses and maintaining all health and safety paperwork ensuring good and safe practice.
- Ensuring 121 (ISP) meetings take place and working together with the Grounds Maintenance Contract Manager to determine development requirements for staff.
- Completing all paperwork, forms, health and safety inspections and on-site preparations in a competent and efficient manner, to comply with contractual, company and/or legislative requirements. This includes vehicle policies.
- Maintaining a clean and professional working practice on site. Leading by example and delivering quality expectation throughout. Supporting new starters and developing apprentices in line with policy and procedures.
- Where required, responding to and supporting inclement weather works i.e. snow clearing or flooded areas.
- Regularly liaising with customers and resolving any concerns, difficulties, or issues, reporting problems and actioning instructions as required. Ensuring Landscape Services is represented professionally and in accordance with good customer care.
- Using company IT and equipment to record daily site activity.