Grounds Maintenance Team Leader
Job Reference: 335/JW
Salary: £20200 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
To deliver grounds maintenance works and related tasks on several sites over a defined geographical area, on behalf of our varied customer base. This role will involve a range of operations including grass cutting, border works and hedge cutting, setting out and marking sports fields.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated and able to demonstrate knowledge of, and consideration towards, health and safety, and safe work practices for both themselves and the staff they supervise. They will at times be our frontline representative for the Company and the customer whilst on site and as such will be organised and professional.
This role requires you to work alongside your team whilst being able to supervise, instruct and organise staff ensuring resource and material requirements are met.
A current, clean driving licence and full DBS check (provided by the Company) is required.
- Ensuring daily works are completed to meet contract specification and customer satisfaction. Always ensuring good customer care through support and communication with customers.
- Planning, organising, and supervising staff and managing materials to ensure waste is kept to a minimum. This will involve working on contracts to achieve quality against time constraints with a need to be flexible and innovative.
- Caring for, inspecting, and maintaining machinery to manufacturers specified recommendations, always ensuring the equipment is safe and correct for use.
- Planning, identifying, and ordering via the Senior Team Leader, materials and resources to ensure continuity of works. Ensure chemical usage complies with current legislation.
- Supervising staff to ensure contract compliance, work completion and organised activity. Leading on site activity and acting as a key representative of Landscape Services.
- Completing all paperwork, forms, health and safety inspections and on-site preparations in a competent and efficient manner, to comply with contractual, company and/or legislative requirements. This includes vehicle policies.
- Maintaining a clean and professional working practise on site. Leading by example and delivering quality expectation throughout. Supporting new starters and developing apprentices in line with policy and procedures.
- Ensuring safe working practices are always maintained, identifying risks and unsafe practices in order to minimise potential for injury or accident. Reporting all incidents and near misses to senior staff.
- Where required, responding to and supporting inclement weather works i.e. snow clearing or flooded areas.
- Regularly liaising with customers and resolving any concerns, difficulties, or issues, reporting problems and actioning instructions as required. Ensuring Landscape Services is represented professionally and in accordance with good customer care.
- Using company IT and equipment to record daily site activity.