Job Reference: 353/JC
Salary: £30000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: KCS
Location: Commercial Services Group, New Hythe Lane, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 7FE
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
Commercial Services Group (CSG) is one of the largest providers of public sector and education procurement services globally, with revenues of over £350m, 600 staff and five trading divisions: Resources, Energy, Recruitment, Facilities Services, and International Services.
Wholly owned by Kent County Council, CSG supports over 15,000 customers in 86 countries and collaborates with a supply chain of c1,000 suppliers.
The Education Supplies division of Commercial Services, trading as KCS, with an annual turnover of £25M, is the largest supplier of education resources to schools in the south east and has embarked on further territorial expansion as part of its growth plans for the future.
KCS holds a clear vision “to be recognised as the global leader in British educational procurement services” and has a very clear and comprehensive transformation strategy to achieve this vision.
At the heart of this transformation strategy is a wide portfolio of projects that are being executed at any one time, many of which have a technology focus.
As such, the Resources Division is recruiting an experienced Inventory Manager. The role will be responsible for managing a team of Inventory Controllers to deliver a set of departmental objectives and KPI’s in line with business requirements.
- Responsible for the day to day management, of the Inventory Team and its deliverables.
- The ongoing development, mentoring and coach of the team to allow each of them to reach their potential.
- Oversee inventory and supply chain management according to company guidelines, with direct responsibility for management of stock levels and replenishment of stock within agreed timescales and inventory budget.
- Develop and implement a set of robust processes with the aim of driving efficiencies within the function.
- Manage the operational relationship with suppliers and develop incident resolution for all supply chain delivery and product quality issues.
- Manage and maintain PO placement in-line with projected forecasts for selected suppliers.
- Support the Demand Planning Analyst (DPA) in the implementation of a new DP Tool.
- Responsible for ensuring that all inventory and stock management systems are accurately maintained within agreed parameters.
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and manage these relationships ensuring they adhere to the agreed contracts and KPIs.
- Work with the purchasing team to drive a culture of collaboration with the teams addressing the supplier base as a united front.
- Daily collation and processing of stock information for use in the Inventory Management and reporting process.
- Liaise with Purchasing Manager to ensure alignment on supplier categorisation and ongoing supply chain strategy.
- Develop a suite of MI for onward circulation to the SLT and other key stakeholders to include but not limited to, inventory levels, suppler performance, order book and backorders.
- Working in conjunction with the DPA, develop a stock strategy that ensures functional KPI’s are met in line with overall business objectives.
- Present to SLT periodically on stock and improvement initiatives.
- Display behaviours expected of a member of the SMT with high levels of contribution and engagement.
- Work with the Purchasing Managers to drive positive reinforcement internally and externally as we start a supply chain transformation programme.