Site Operative (Dartford)
Job Reference: 274/NW
Salary: £22533 Per Annum
Permanent, Full-time - 48 hours
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Heronden Road, Parkwood, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 9YR
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
Interview Date: TBA
Safely and efficiently operate the site in accordance with site license, working plan, legislation, site procedures and risk assessments. Maintain a high a level of cleanliness on the HWRC, provide a high standard of customer service maximise recycling to achieve targets.
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others when working on site.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness on site.
- Enforce site rules for users.
- Report any health and safety issues to the site manager/supervisor.
- Control traffic management of all vehicles and pedestrians on site.
- Act as pedestrian watch in the transfer station (where applicable).
- Unlock containers at start of day, and lock up at end of day, first checking for any non – conforming items.
- Identify waste requiring special handling (batteries, gas bottles, asbestos, heavy items) – assist and advise public in these cases.
- Identify any non-conforming waste and report to manager/supervisor immediately.
- Politely inform customers of the recyclable facilities.
- Maximise recycling materials on site.
- Monitor and control quality of recyclables for contradictions.
- Complete all relevant paperwork for the site.
- Monitor daily levels of containers.
- Inform the site manager/supervisor when containers require servicing.
- Complete site paperwork in accordance with site procedures and the duty of care.
- Ensure trip hazards are removed immediately.
- Litter pick as necessary and at the end of the day.
- Sweep as necessary and at the end of day.
- Handle spillages in accordance with procedures.
- Assist customers with the unloading of their waste.
- Politely direct all complaints to manager.
Commercial Services Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.Apply for this vacancy