Job Reference: 367/NW
Salary: £11856 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 27 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
To deliver safe and efficient operational services at one of our five Kent-based Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC). This will include traffic and persons management, identifying waste which requires special handling and supporting the general public during their visits.
This role will require you to work in accordance with – and with a mindfulness towards - site licensing, government legislation, site procedures, works planning and risk assessments. As such, exceptional health and safety awareness and management is a must to ensure the safety of both staff and visitors to the site; you will be provided with full training and PPE equipment as part of your induction.
The successful applicant will be expected to maintain a clean site throughout the HWRC and provide a high standard of customer service with visitors, monitoring and encouraging recycling in order to achieve set site targets.
- Taking reasonable care of yourself and others whilst working on site and reporting any health and safety issues to the site manager/supervisor. Ensuring trip hazards are removed immediately.
- Using digital devices (provided by the Company) to make bookings, send vouchers and take electronic payments for chargeable waste.
- Maintaining a clean site throughout and enforcing all site rules for visitors. Handling spillages in accordance with procedures, and sweeping or litter picking as necessary.
- Providing an excellent customer experience, informing customers of the recycling facilities, controlling traffic of all vehicles and pedestrians on site and directing any complaints to a Manager.
- Acting as pedestrian watch in the transfer station (where applicable).
- Maintaining and monitoring containers, including locking and unlocking, daily levels monitoring and informing the Site Manager or Supervisor when containers need servicing.
- Identifying waste requiring special handling (batteries, gas bottles, asbestos, heavy items) – assisting and advising general public in these cases.
- Identifying any non-conforming waste and report to manager/supervisor immediately.
- Maximising the recycling of materials on site and assisting customers with the unloading of their waste.
- Monitoring and controlling the quality of recyclables for contradictions.
- Operating site weighbridge systems (where applicable).
- Completing all relevant paperwork for the site, in accordance with site procedures and the duty of care.