Job Reference: 309/IC
Salary: £19800 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
Landscape Services are a division of Commercial Services Group.
For 80 years Landscape Services has specialised in the planning, development and management of grounds maintenance and landscape projects throughout the South East. In that time they have built a diverse portfolio of experience working with local authorities, businesses, housing associations, schools and sports facilities, national parks and private land owners, to name a few.
Landscape Services are looking to expand the team and are looking for an experienced Tractor Driver.
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off of work
- Staff benefits, discounts & wellbeing scheme
- Training, support and personal development
- & Much more
The Tractor Driver is an integral part of our grounds maintenance team, providing key services and tractor operations to a variety of customers.
The post holder will be self-motivated and able to demonstrate knowledge of, and consideration towards, health and safety, and safe work practices. Any equipment provided – including a tractor and any fixtures – is the responsibility of the driver and must be thoroughly assessed and maintained as part of this role (not including servicing and repairs).
This role requires a level of lone working and autonomy. As such the post holder will be comfortable working both alone and as a team, whilst being able to manage the requirements of their own workload – including administrative tasks.
A current, clean driving licence and full DBS check (provided by the Company) is required.
- Completing works to a high standard, to meet contract specifications and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Caring for, inspecting, and maintaining machinery to manufacturers specified recommendations, always ensuring the equipment is safe and correct for use.
- Planning, identifying, and ordering materials and resources to ensure continuity of works (via Grounds Maintenance Senior Team Leader). Ensuring any chemical usage complies with current legislation.
- Completing all paperwork, forms, health and safety inspections and on-site preparations in a competent and efficient manner, to comply with contractual, company and/or legislative requirements. This includes vehicle policies.
- Organising activities, work delivery and resources to deliver the client’s requirements in an efficient and cost-effective way, whilst also considering differing site usage, safety, special requirements and wider service delivery.
- Maintaining a clean and professional working practise on-site, including equipment and work area.
- Ensure safe working practices are always maintained, identifying risks and unsafe practices in order to minimise potential for injury or accident. Reporting all incidents and near misses to senior staff.
- Where required, responding to and supporting inclement weather works i.e., snow clearing, flooding.
- Regularly liaising with customers and resolving any concerns, difficulties, or issues, reporting problems and actioning instructions as required. Ensuring Landscape Services is represented professionally and in accordance with good customer care.
- Using company IT and equipment to record daily site activity.