Job Reference: 321b/SD
Salary: £23294 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Energy
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
The Billing Analyst is accountable for delivering accurate and timely billing for their portfolio of Fully Managed customers by processing all supplier billing files and resolving supplier billing errors in a transparent and effective manner. You will be responsible for understanding and reporting on the billing status for each of your customers, utilising your invoicing knowledge and expertise to improve the billing position for your customers.
The Billing Analyst is accountable for raising and managing queries for failed invoices and unbilled accounts and seeing these through to resolution. You will work closely with Suppliers, the Customer Services and Portfolio teams to ensure customer Key Performance Indicators(KPI)are met and where possible exceeded.
- Monitor Supplier billing files to ensure all billing is received on time and in full, perform initial validation and processing of correct invoices
- Actively manage all mismatches and issues identified with supplier billing files. Investigate reasons for failed billing, identify and report on trends and follow agreed process to ensure accurate billing is processed.
- Create processes and guides for failed invoices and ensure a regular cycle of review
- Raise and log queries for all invoices failed validation with a supplier billing query and resolve following query best practice and within the query Service Level Agreement (SLA)timescales.
- Work closely and proactively communicate with the customer service advisor and portfolio administrator to ensure that KPIs are achieved each month for your customers.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships and challenge the status quo with suppliers, to improve the billing performance, pass rate, whilst minimising cash flow impacts.
- Utilise the supplier working meetings to actively progress and resolve billing queries.
- Understand your customer’s billing requirements, work with the Customer Service Advisor to get to know your customers and their feedback on scorecards to identify how you can improve the billing requirements and performance for your customers.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of your customers billing position, and provide proactive communication to customers to support when providing billing where required.
- Work with the Finance team to mitigate cash flow impacts for LASER and ensure timely payments of suppliers(includes remittance distribution)
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and processes to ensure you are providing consistent, concise and regular internal and external communication.
- Think innovatively and identify and put forward suggestions for process improvements across the team and LASER as a whole.
- Identify all technical billing issues and ensure these are logged and escalated as required.
- Support your colleagues within Energy to solve complex billing errors
- Undertake manual processing and reprocessing as required
- Ensure consolidated billing is distributed within KPI