Business Development Manager
Job Reference: 278/RR
£40000 - £45000
Group Business or Area: Energy
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 28 January 2022
Interview Date: TBA
The LASER Business Development Manager is accountable for generating new business for LASER’s services from prospective customers across the public sector (including Local Authorities, NHS, Universities & Colleges, Housing Associations, Public Services and other sectors).
The role will require strong communication and relationship building skills, dedication and tenacity from the point of identifying a potential lead, managing the ongoing relationship through to closing the sale & securing contracts.
A key requirement of the role will be prospecting and qualifying leads from existing networks, contacts & customer representative bodies, from new contact lists & leads generated from marketing activity. The BDM will establish a strong pipeline of qualified leads, meetings, customer quotes & sales opportunities in order to meet KPIs.
- Self-generate and qualify leads from existing and new contact lists.
- Develop relationships with senior decision makers within potential customers and customer representative groups.
- Arrange meetings with prospective customers to discuss the LASER proposition, with regular travel across the UK (approximately 3-5 physical or virtual meetings per week).
- Obtain customer data required to generate quotations for our services and work with LASER’s Bid Co-ordinator to submit proposals and tender responses.
- Manage on-going customer relationships during the sales process to maximise probability of success.
- Record sales activity and create a strong pipeline of future opportunities across the full range of LASER’s services.
- Close sales & ensure appropriate contract documentation is signed by the customer.
- Work with the Marketing Team and contribute to marketing activities (e.g. eshots, exhibitions) to generate leads in different sectors.
- Hit target for a range of Key Performance Indicators of sales activity and regularly report performance to the LASER Sales Manager.
- Be adaptable to work with customers from different sectors.
- Support colleagues in the Business Development Team and wider teams where appropriate.
- Track all sale activity using CRM software.
Strong rapport building skills with new business prospects to establish trust and identify opportunities.
Be a confident negotiator and closer.
Experienced at developing relationships and networking with senior decision makers in the public sector.
Tenacious attitude towards pipeline management with regular customer contact and follow up.
Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders for technical input and to ensure deadlines are met for bids and proposals.
Commercial Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.Apply for this vacancy