Job Reference: 343/JC
Salary: £35000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: KCS
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent, ME19 4YT
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interview Date: TBA
Commercial Services Group (CSG) is one of the largest providers of public sector and education procurement services globally, with revenues of over £350m, 600 staff and five trading divisions: Resources, Energy, Recruitment, Facilities Services, and International Services.
Wholly owned by Kent County Council, CSG supports over 15,000 customers in 86 countries and collaborates with a supply chain of c1,000 suppliers.
The Resources Division of Commercial Services, trading as KCS, with an annual turnover of £25M, is the largest supplier of education resources to schools in the south east and has embarked on further territorial expansion as part of its growth plans for the future
KCS holds a clear vision “to be recognised as the global leader in British educational procurement services” and has a very clear and comprehensive transformation strategy to achieve this vision.
At the heart of this transformation strategy is a wide portfolio of projects that are being executed at any one time, many of which have a technology focus.
As such, the Resources Division is recruiting an experienced Project Manager to contribute to the successful delivery of KCS’ transformation projects. The role will sit within the Purchasing, Projects and NPD Team, but will have access to the wider CSG project manager community for additional support for mentoring and coaching opportunities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing and leading projects across KCS
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Supporting with the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs through approved change control processes
- Managing project risks and issues and escalate to Project Sponsors as appropriate
- Managing approved project budgets
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally [where applicable]
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Providing regular highlight / status reports to Project Steering Groups / Project Sponsors and the Business Improvement Team and any other reports as required by the Group
- Support the Business Improvement Team and Portfolio & Projects Manager to to, embed and grow a continuous improvement framework and culture within the Resources Division
- Coach, develop and support colleagues to deliver effective change projects and drive continuous improvement