Seasonal Operative (Thanet)
Job Reference: 108/IC
Fixed Term, Full-time
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Heronden Road, Parkwood, Maidstone, Kent
Closing Date: 30 April 2021
Interview Date: TBA
Excellent opportunity for a Seasonal Operative to join Landscape Services.
The post holder will undertake grounds maintenance works and related tasks on a large number of sites over a defined geographical area. This will involve a range of operations including grass cutting, border works, hedge cutting, sport marking and related works. The post holder will be required to be self motivated, health and safety conscious and motivated to achieve the highest standards.
- Ensure on a daily basis works are completed to meet contract specification and customer satisfaction using own initiative and as directed by the Team Leader / supervisor.
- Use all equipment and materials to ensure compliance with required standards, safety and minimal wastage. Seek and receive direction and guidance for use as appropriate from Charge hand /Supervisor.
- Undertake tasks and complete them within allotted timeframes without continued supervision. Support colleagues in delivering services.
- Care, maintain and adjust, to manufacturers specified recommendations, machinery and equipment ensuring safe and effective service delivery. Avoid unnecessary actions and ensure safety of self and others at all times.
- Identify issues or concerns in respect of contracts/machinery, liaising with Team Leader / Supervisor as required.
- Ensure good customer care at all times through support and communication with customers. Report any requirements or issues as they occur.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained at all times. Identify risks and unsafe practices in order to minimise potential for injury/accident. Report as required.
- Undertake self development through work learning, training and development to enhance skills, knowledge and ability.
Must have a full driving licence and GCSE English and maths or equivalent. Ideally you will have previous grounds maintenance experience, mowing, clearing grounds, horticulture and machinery maintenance knowledge. PA1A, PA6A and NVQ or City and Guilds preferable.
Commercial Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Apply for this vacancy