Job Reference: 052/LP
Salary: £30000 - £30000 Per Annum
Position: Permanent, Full-time - 37 hours
Group Business or Area: KCS
Location: Commercial Services Group, Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, Kent
Closing Date: 28 November 2020
Interview Date: TBA
Excellent opportunity for a Transport Manager to join the management team within KCS. Working as part of our excellent Customer Experience Team you are responsible for the highest level of service delivery to our valued customers
Managing and controlling with autonomy, the transport function for KCS in terms of compliance, distribution, and the team within prescribed KPI’s, budgets and statutory requirements.
The role will involve
Produce a monthly management report detailing all essential aspects of the transport functions performance.
To manage, audit and review compliance systems to ensure that they are effective.
To review any shortcomings such as prohibitions and/or annual test failures.
To ensure that relevant changes are notified in accordance with operator licence requirements.
To keep up to date on relevant changes in standards and legislation.
Manage the distribution of goods for the educational supplies division, ensuring work is completed to the quality levels expected and within prescribed KPI’s and budget levels.
Liaise closely with the third party carriers, ensuring that processes are adhered to and costs maintained within agreed parameters.
Be the nominated “O” License holder for the division.
Manage the distribution of goods outside of the UK (e.g. Channel Islands), ensuring all documentation is in place and regularly reviewing the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the carrier used.
Source drivers and vehicles from agencies when required.
Utilise vehicle tracking and vehicle performance data to ensure cost effectiveness and driver efficiency is maintained at all times.
Actively promote the KCS distribution service in order to generate additional income from any spare resource.
Address any staff related issues around performance and/or attendance and deal with these in accordance with company policies
Manage the recruitment process for all vacancies within Transport Team.
Continually review and adapt all processes and procedures to ensure that operational efficiency and effectiveness is maintained at all times.
Responsible for driver's administration, management, and operations, vehicle management and Health, Safety & Wellbeing.
- Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence in National Road Transport
- GCSE English and maths or equivalent
- Experience of operating in a managerial capacity within a fast paced, highly pressurised warehouse and distribution environment ensuring business objectives are being met or exceeded.
- Clearly demonstrable leadership skills, motivating and mentoring of teams to include all facets of HR, performance management, vision and ensuring consistency
- Good geographical knowledge of Kent and South East London. Understanding the different routes available to drivers and able to keep up to date on changes to these.
- Experience with managing customer expectations and handling difficult situations or complaints, ensuring resolutions are found.
- Experienced with conflict resolution and an excellent problem solver.
- Adaptable to change and able to adopt a flexible approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high emotional intelligence, being self aware and the impact you have on others
- Able to identify risks and opportunities in both the short- and longer-term ensuring business objectives are being met
- Ability to drive forward a positive health and safety culture
- Ability to contribute effectively as a business manager to assist in shaping and developing the organisation for the future.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to communicate to stakeholders at all levels. Being able to clearly explain initiatives in sufficient detail to gain understanding, and the support of internal and external customers and partners
- Positive and collaborative style of management
- Excellent IT skills understanding the use and functions of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
- Highly organised and pragmatic with the ability to manage and prioritise conflicting work loads including working to deadlines ensuring these are met
- Experience in management of a transport operation desirable
- Experience of Optrak routing software or similar product desirable
- Experience of FTA Vision Tachograph download software or similar desirable
Commercial Services Kent Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Apply for this vacancy