Job Reference: 235/CJ
Salary: £26000 Per Annum
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Heronden Road, Parkwood, Maidstone, Kent
Closing Date: 27 October 2021
Interview Date: TBA
To undertake accurate and high-quality repairs and maintenance of private/commercial motor vehicles and plant achieving high standards of workmanship. To assist in the provision of an effective and efficient service to our clients and work effectively within the mechanical team to always ensure industry leading standards of customer care and satisfaction.
- Deliver works efficiently and always cost effectively.
- Carry out all works in line with the specified requirements.
- Ensure all documented procedures and processes are always adhered to
- Work alongside the team members, carrying typical duties.
- Service, repair, prepare, strip, clean all types of passenger /goods vehicles, tools, and plant to manufacturers' specification according to best practice and acceptable safety and quality standards
- Accurately and skilfully undertake the removal and electrical and trim items on motor vehicles Detect, diagnose, and rectify faults and repairs
- Report on additional damage found when preparing the vehicle directly to the Workshop Supervisor
- Accurately report on all components, materials, consumables, and hours used
- Keep wastage of materials and consumables to a minimum
- Keep work area clean, tidy, and free from hazards, ensuring the workshop is swept and cleaned before vacating
- Ensure all work complies with retailer, manufacturer, and industry guidelines in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Record and update stock, vehicle, plant, customer, client, and supplier data where necessary
- Ensure all works carried out are logged accordingly and that the correct time and materials are allocated to the works so that invoicing can be efficient and effective
- Complete any other work as required by Management, which is commensurate with the responsibility of the job.
- Must be qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence
- Have solid experience of working within the motor trade as a car mechanic/vehicle technician
- Able to demonstrate they have problem solving ability and are well organised in time management, prioritising and service delivery
- Can work as part of a team or in isolation in a fast paced and bust workshop
Commercial Services Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.Apply for this vacancy