Waste Site Operative
Job Reference: 040/NW
Salary: £21765 Per Annum
Position: Permanent, Full-time - 48 hours
Group Business or Area: Operational Services
Location: Commercial Services Group, Heronden Road, Parkwood, Maidstone, Kent
Closing Date: 21 September 2020
Interview Date: TBA
Excellent opportunity for a Site Operative to join North Farm Waste Site. This is a full time and permanent position working 48 hours per week.
Safely and efficiently operate the site in accordance with site license, working plan, legislation, site procedures and risk assessments.
Maintain a high a level of cleanliness on the HWRC, provide excellent customer service maximise recycling to achieve targets.
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others when working on site.
- Enforce site rules for users.
- Handle all incidents and accidents in accordance with site procedures and report them to the site manager.
- Report any health and safety issues to the site manager/supervisor.
- Control traffic management of all vehicles and pedestrians on site.
- Act as pedestrian watch in the transfer station.
- Unlock containers at start of day, and lock up at end of day, first checking for any non – conforming items.
- Identify waste requiring special handling (batteries, gas bottles, asbestos, heavy items) – assist and advise general public in these cases.
- Ensure site is operating in accordance with company policies, site procedures, risk assessments, toolbox talks and training.
- Identify any non-conforming waste and report to manager/supervisor immediately.
- Politely inform customers of the recyclable facilities.
- Maximise recycling materials on site.
- Monitor and control quality of recyclables for contradictions.
- Operate site weighbridge system.
- Complete all relevant paperwork for the site.
- Monitor daily levels of containers.
- Inform the site manager/supervisor when containers require servicing.
- Complete site paperwork in accordance with site procedures and the duty of care.
- Ensure trip hazards are removed immediately.
- Litter pick as necessary and at the end of the day.
- Sweep as necessary and at the end of day.
- Handle spillages in accordance with procedures.
- Assist customers with the unloading of their waste.
- Politely direct all complaints to manager.
- Lock all site containers at end of day.
Must be punctual, able to start at 6am on some days.
Able to work as a team.
Good customer service skills.
Able to work outside in all weathers.
Commercial Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.Apply for this vacancy