Established by Kent County Council in 1989 with a vision to help other local authorities achieve the energy cost reductions made possible by newly deregulated gas and electricity markets.
Today LASER Energy has grown significantly and delivers a broad range of energy services and boasts significant industry knowledge and knowhow.
LASER Energy is now one of the largest energy buying organisations in the UK, purchasing over £450m of energy per annum and serving over 200 public sector customers.
The current LASER Energy buying group consists of a variety of local authorities, NHS trusts, universities, schools, housing associations and charities.
LASER Energy services include:
- energy and water procurement.
- energy management – online energy reporting to identify and eliminate wasted energy and costs.
- energy surveying – reviewing how energy is used in your building in compliance with Government requirements.
- LED lighting supply and installation services.
- renewable energy solutions, including green energy procurement, solar power, battery storage, power and gas purchase agreements and electric vehicle facilities.